Florida Marine’s training goal:
- Develop a knowledgeable and experienced workforce in the inland marine industry.
To achieve this goal, Florida Marine has developed an extensive program consisting of:
- Ownership and use of FMT training facility
- Partnership with Delgado Community College Maritime, Fire, Radar & Industrial Training Facility
- Recipient of Louisiana Incumbent Worker Training Grant
- Programs (deckhand, tankerman, steersman, engineer)
- Training courses (regulatory and leadership)
Ownership and Use of FMT Training Facility
Florida Marine proudly owns and operates a full training facility including a large media room and functional class room. Additionally, the facility is equipped with a newly designed training pad and a full galley.
Partnership with Delgado Community College Maritime, Fire, Radar & Industrial Training Facility
Florida Marine has been in partnership with Delgado Community College Maritime, Fire, Radar & Industrial Training Facility to provide regulatory training since 2002.
Recipient of Louisiana Incumbent Worker Training Grant
Florida Marine has received six Incumbent Worker Training Grants since 2002.
Programs and Training Courses
Florida Marine provides programs and courses to assist our employees in developing their industry related and leadership skills.