Join Florida Marine
Florida Marine offers several career opportunities on our towboats. See below for position and application information.
Why Join Florida Marine?
- Family atmosphere
- Continuous career training and development
- Wage growth capability – we offer an aggressive promotion schedule supporting potential wage growth up to 46% in as little as two years (entry level deckhand to top level tankerman)
- Health insurance and retirement (401k matching up to 9% dollar for dollar)
- Youngest towboat fleet in the industry
- Maintain the vessel
- Work with lines and wires/build tow
- Work with machines
- Complete cargo transfers
- Work with lines and machines
- Train others
- Help maintain vessel
- Maintain engine room
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Navigate the vessel
- Guide and direct a crew
- Florida Marine’s progression system is based on achieving skill proficiency, gaining positive evaluations, completing required safety, regulatory and leadership training, and meeting time requirements.
Dry Cargo Progression
To apply for a position at Florida Marine, please complete our application in its entirety and either email it to email@example.com, or fax it to 985-629-2110. Please include required documentation per the directions on the application. Applications that are incomplete will NOT be considered.
Experienced applicants (wheelman, tankerman, and engineer) must also complete and submit an additional page regarding their posting/additional information: Click here for Posting/Additional Information page
Please contact 985-629-2082 if you have any questions.